Rating Comments in Consumers' CHECKBOOK
- "We wanted an inspector who wasn't in the remediation business and who just specialized in independent analysis with no conflict of interest like others whose firms then want to sell you remediation plans. Clint was truly an expert, and used advanced technologies such as thermal imaging scans to check not just for mold in the air, but possible moisture in the walls and floors. He got the result back to us very very fast, and they were clear and comprehensive. And, he was very easy to work with, putting up with the work having to be rescheduled at the last minute several times. Clint ranks among the best contractors we've worked with on any part of our house, and we've used a lot in the last few years." DPO AE, Washington, DC
- Due to respiratory issues, over the years I've hired indoor air quality experts in different cities to check out the air quality of housing I was considering buying or renting. In 2011, I hired Clint Jones [Indoor Analytics, Inc] to do a thorough indoor air and mold survey of an apartment my son was going to rent. Mr. Jones did an exceptional job at very reasonable price. I checked out his credentials and experience before hiring him because many of the people selling "air quality" or "mold" testing do NOT have good professional credentials. Mr. Jones' credentials were most impressive: certified, trained Industrial Hygienist; very in depth technical and professional knowledge re mold and other indoor air issues; uses the full spectrum of professional hi tech tools as part of the on-site survey and testing; has many yrs experience testing commercial and residential buildings. Equally important: he has excellent communication skills, a pleasant personality, and is easy to work with. -T S., Annandale, VA
PROJECTS - Industrial Hygiene, Comprehensive Practice
- 400-plus in DC, MD, VA, DE, NC, MA (Nantucket) and RI
APT./CONDO BUILDINGS & ASSOCIATED PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
- Watergate (DC) – various units
- Southern Towers, (Alexandria, VA) - various units
- Park Place Condos - various units
- Monticello Gardens (Falls Church, VA)
- Horizon House (Arlington, VA) - various units
- Various others in VA, DC, MD.
GENERAL COMMERCIAL/COMMUNICATIONS/INSURANCE/REAL ESTATE
- Bell Atlantic Network Services (DC, VA)
- Verizon Wireless (TX, NJ, NYC, MD)
- AT&T (DC, MD, VA)
- Marriott (MD), Hilton (VA), Holiday Inn Capital, and many other chain and single hotels/motels.
- Office Buildings/Department Stores/Manufacturers in DC, MD, VA, AL, OH, FL, NC, GA, AR, TN, MN, NYC (various office buildings at/near Ground Zero during & after 9/11), Chicago/NYC (Jones Lang LaSalle), SC Herman & Associates (DC), REMAX, USAA, Prudential (Chicago), State Farm, Nationwide, Crawford Insurance (MD) – various hotels, commercial townhouses.
- Mall and storefront businesses and medical offices throughout DC/MD/VA, Pascagoula, MS, Mobile, AL, and Pensacola, FL.
- Citicorp (VA, DC)
- Lockheed Martin, VA
- Wright Manufacturing (Frederick, MD), DeGussa (Mobile, AL), Air Products (FL), Kerr McGee (AL), Air Products (Milton, FL), International Paper (in that same area)
- Stanley Martin Companies, Harkins Builders, Smoot Construction (DC), Centrex, Koch Builders, Calvert Jones, FINCOR Construction, Clark, Southern Insulation, Inc., Federal Realty (Rockville, MD), et al. - DC, MD, VA.
- INOVA Fairfax Hospital (2008 - entire campus – 2 months)
- Northern Virginia Training Center (Fairfax, VA)
- Virginia Hospital Center (2013, 2014, 2016)
- Various medical offices in VA, DC and MD.
- George Washington University (DC - testing all labs, Power Plant)
- Georgetown University (DC - Various Labs)
- American University (DC - Various Potential Hazardous Materials)
- Montgomery County Community College System (MD - Air Quality Checks)
- Towson University - Center for the Arts Building (MD) – 2 months
- University of MD (at College Park & Baltimore)
- Gallaudet University (MD - Various Air Quality Checks).
- Maryland Correctional Institution (Hagerstown, MD)
- Maryland School for the Deaf (Frederick, MD campus)
- Elementary schools in DC, MD, VA (IAQ, mold, lead, PCBs, asbestos)
- Allied Signal (Galax, VA)
- Georgia Pacific (Huntsville, AL)
- Johns Manville plant (Pittsburgh, CA) 3 months.
- Democratic Republic of the Congo Embassy (DC)
- Embassy of the United Kingdom (DC)
- Embassy of Albania (DC)
- British Embassy (DC)
- Hinson & Jung, LLC (MD - Consulting and On-Site Testing)
- Environmental Services, Inc. (VA)
- Pentagon (IAQ/Ventilation checks in mid 1990s)
- George G. Meade Military Reservation
- Fort Belvoir - Thayer Hall
- Andrews Air Force Base (various potential HazMat checks)
- Naval Surface Warfare Center (MD - Consulting)
- Naval Research Laboratory
- US Navy Academy (Annapolis) – 2 months
- Old Soldier's Home (DC)
- Various other DoD tenant space buildings in DC, Crystal City and Alexandria, VA (over five years - pre 2001)
- Various government and tenant buildings (including COPS, FBI, ATF, DEA, US Marshals Service, et al.) throughout Washington, DC
OTHER FEDERAL or DOJ
- Capital Visitor Center project (DC) – 3 months
- Department of the Interior (2 years on-call - any and all IAQ issues)
- International Bureau of Broadcasting
- Library of Congress (all DC buildings)
- U.S. Secret Service (MD)
- CIA (Langley VA complex)
- Bureau of Census (MD - occasional testing and consultation)
- US Fish and Wildlife Service, DC
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (DC)
- ATF (consultation only regarding potential lead poisoning)
- General Services Administration (DC)
- US State Department (DC - pre-2001)
- Social Security Administration (Woodlawn, MD campus and Phil., PA)
- Department of Agriculture (Beltsville and Greenbelt, MD)
- World Bank (DC - mainly Indoor Air Quality surveys)
- International Monetary Fund (DC - mainly Indoor Air Quality studies)
- Kiewit Construction, Engineering and Mining (DC - potential physical antagonists checks and OSHA monitoring)
- Bechtel (VA - potential physical/chemical antagonists checks),
- Montebello Packaging, Harrisonburg, VA and Hawksbury, Ontario
- BSc in Chemistry (1986), University of South Alabama. Twice on Dean's List. Worked/self paid for all professional (75%), College & University education (100%).
- Computer Science,
Technical Writing, Statistics - Northern Virginia Community College. Russian Language
(three Semesters), Government Contracting,
Inspector" Course (6-months), Harcourt Learning Direct - PA.
- "Eastern European
History", Pensacola Community College - FL
- Pre-Med, University of Kentucky (one Year) Dean's
List, Acceptance Interview to enroll into Medical College
- Piano & Music
Theory, University of Kentucky (one year)
- Board Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) in good standing (1994 - 2011) - American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH) Certification Number 6600, Comprehensive Practice.
- CIH re-certification board approval, December, 2005
- Certified Indoor Air Quality Consultant approval to replace CIAQP, 2003
- EPA-approved Project Designer, State of Maryland, 2002-2006
- Home Inspector Certification, November, 2001
- CIH re-certification approval, December, 2000
- Certified Indoor Air Quality Professional (CIAQP), 2000 - 2003
- Nevada-approved Inspector, 1999 - 2000
- NITON XRF Spectrum Analyzer training certification, 1998
- EPA Lead-Based Paint Inspector Technician, State of Maryland, 1998 - 2000
- Certified Drinking Water Sampler, State of Maryland, 1997 - 2000
- Texas Asbestos Health Protection Law, GEBCO Associates, 1997 - 1998
- Board Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Comprehensive Practice, 1994 – 2011.
- Virginia-approved Project Monitor, 1992 - 2000
- EPA-approved Building Inspector, State of Maryland, 1991 - 2006
- EPA-approved Supervisor/Competent Person, State of Maryland, 1990 - 2004
- Advanced Asbestos Identification, McCrone Research Institute, Chicago, Illinois, 1988
- Microscopical Identification of Asbestos, McCrone Research Institute, Chicago, Illinois, 1987
- Practices and Procedures for Asbestos Control, Mobile, Alabama, 1987
- NIOSH 582, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1987
- American Board of Industrial Hygiene 1995 to present
- American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA), Potomac & Chesapeake Sections, 1991 to present
- American Indoor Air Quality Council (AIAQC), 2000 - 2003
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH), 1995 to 2007, and 2015 to present)
- American Academy of Industrial Hygiene (AAIH), 1995
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), 1994 to 1997
- American Chemical Society, 1984 to 1996
- Chemical Society of Washington, 1990 to 1996
TECHNICAL TRAINING / CONTINUING EDUCATION
- "A Review of Lead Sampling, Analytical and Data Evaluation Approaches", Webinar, EMLab P&K, Mike McGee, October 24, 2017.
- "Infection Control and Environmental Sampling", Webinar, EMLab P&K, Michael Berg, Ph.D.,August 29, 2017.
- "Health Effects" of Mold, Webinar, EMLab P&K, Doctor Harriet A Burge, Ph.D., November 29, 2016.
- "USP 797 and Environmental Sampling", Webinar, EMLab P&K, Michael Berg, Ph.D., November 15, 2016.
- "Environmental Monitoring: Applications for Infection Control", Webinar, EMLab P&K, Michael Berg, Ph.D., September 13, 2016.
- "Fungal Data Interpretation", Webinar, EMLab P&K, Dave Gallup, Co-founder of EMLab P&K, Masters in Engineering, August 16, 2016
- "Sewage Contamination: Microbiology, Health Risks and Remediation", Webinar, EMLab P&K, Dr. Harriet A. Burge, PhD, May 03, 2016.
- "Strategies for Mold Investigation and Sampling", EMLab P&K Webinar, David F. Gallop and Dr. Harriet Burge, Feb. 2, 2016
- Bacteria Webinar, EMLab P&K, Dr. Harriet Burge, April 12, 2016
- Self-Study, Research and/or Review - 2012 to Present:
- "Change and Motion: Calculus Made Clear", Professor Michael
Starbird, University of Texas at Auburn, 24 Lectures, 2016
- "Thermodynamics, Four Laws That Move the Universe",
Professor Jeffrey C. Grossman, Mass. Institute of Technology,
24 Lectures, 2015.
- "Superstring Theory", Professor S. James Gates, Jr., University
of Maryland at College Park, 24 Lectures, 2014
"Oceanography: Exploring Earth's Final Wilderness", Professor
Tobin, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 36 Lectures,
- "Impossible: Physics Beyond the Edge", Professor Benjamin
Schumacher, Kenyon College, 12 Lectures. 2013
- "Einstein's Relativity and the Quantum Revolution", Professor
Richard Wolson, Middlebury College, 24 Lectures, 2013
- "Dark Matter, Dark Energy", Professor Sean Carrol, CA Institute
of Technology, 24 Lectures, 2012
- Professional Development Seminar - John Hopkins University/Montgomery County Campus - "Phasing Construction Projects &the Impact on Indoor Air Quality", "Pharmaceutical Disposal: A Waste water Perspective", February 24, 2014
- USP 797 and Environmental Sampling EMLab P&K, April 09, 2013
- Current Topics in Safety and Health" (1-day) ASSE, Johns Hopkins School of Public Health
- "IAQ and Industrial Hygiene Workshop" (1-day), EMSL, Beltsville, MD
- Professional Development Conference (2-days), AIHA Chesapeake Section, Baltimore
- "Mold, Allergens, Sampling, and Data Interpretation" (1-day), EMLAB, Dulles, Virginia, November
- "IAQ & Industrial Hygiene Workshop (1-day)", EMSL Analytical, Beltsville, Maryland
- Professional Development Conference (2-days), AIHA Chesapeake Section, Baltimore, Maryland
- Professional Development Conference (2-days), AIHA Chesapeake Section, Baltimore, Maryland
- Introductory Mycology for Industrial Hygienists" (2-days), American Industrial Hygiene Conference & Exposition (AIHCE) (4-days), Atlanta, Georgia
- "Mold, Spores & Remediation Workshop", American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists, Cincinnati, Ohio (4-days)
- "Home Inspector" Course (12-months), Harcourt Learning Direct
- "OSHA’s Ergonomics Standard", National Safety Council, Baltimore, Maryland
- Certified Indoor Air Quality Professional Study/Review Course (4-days), Wolfville, Nova Scotia
- American Board of Industrial Hygiene Certification Examination and Review Course, Continued Certification Maintenance, Bethesda, MD
- Professional Development Course: "Indoor Air Quality Diagnostics" (1-day), (AIHCE), Toronto, Canada
- Professional Development Course: "Assessing and Remediating Microbial Contamination in the Indoor Environment" (1-day), (AIHCE), Toronto
- "How to Win Federal, State, and Local Government Contracts", Montgomery College, Maryland
- "6th Annual Indoor Environment '98" (3-days), Washington, DC, 1998
- 8-hour Confined Space Entry training, Laurel, Maryland
- NITON XRF Spectrum Analyzer training certifications (1-day), Rockville
- Professional Development Course: "Prevention & Mitigation of Microbial Contamination in the Indoor Environment" (2-days), Dallas, Texas
- "Indoor Air Symposium", (AIHCE), Dallas, Texas
- Professional Development Course: "Indoor Air Quality & HVAC Systems", (AIHCE), Washington DC
- Professional Development Course: "Ionizing & Non-Ionizing Radiation", (AIHCE), Washington DC
- ISO 9000, Thomas Scientific Show Professional Seminar, Baltimore MD
- ISO 9002, Thomas Scientific Show Professional Seminar, Baltimore MD
- Computer Science, Northern Virginia Community College
- Technical Writing, Northern Virginia Community College
- Statistics, Northern Virginia Community College
- "Indoor Air Quality", Apartment and Office Building Association (AOBA), Clean Air seminar, National Academy of Science Building, Washington, DC, May 14, 2001.
- "A Day in the Life of a Residential IAQ Problem", American Industrial Hygiene Association, Potomac Section, Professional Development Conference, Catholic University, Silver Spring, Maryland, October 03, 1998.
- "NOx Control for Small Industrial Fuel Burning Equipment", General Motors Truck Group, Baltimore Maryland, March 1998.
- Faxfair Corporation, Volunteer for the Techno-kids - Science and Technology booth, Fairfax County Government Center, March 1997.
- "The Germanium Diode Bridge Rectifier", Virginia State Science Fair, Yorktown High School, Arlington, VA - Honorable Mention Award by the Washington Junior Academy of Sciences bestowed in front of entire High School.
- Indoor Analytics, Inc. - Senior Industrial Hygienist, Owner/President, Germantown, MD, 11/2003 – present
- Hygienetics Environmental Services, Inc. - Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Indoor Air Quality Professional, Certified Indoor Air Quality Consultant, Project Manager, Laurel, MD 9/2000-11/2003
- ManTech Environmental Corporation, formerly Biospherics, Inc. - Certified Industrial Hygienist, Project Manager, Rockville. MD 1995-9/2000
- Briggs Associates, formerly OMC Environmental - Senior Project Manager, Laboratory Supervisor/Director, QA/QC Coordinator, CIH, Columbia, MD, 1992-1995
- Enviro Dynamics, Inc.Industrial Hygienist, Laboratory Supervisor/Manager, fungi and asbestos Microscopist/Industrial Hygienist, Falls Church, VA, 1990-1992
- Great South Analytics, Inc. Owner/President, Industrial Hygienist, R&D/Manufacturing/Sales (the "Insti-Prep" asbestos analysis acetone vaporizor), Mobile, AL, 1989-1990
- Southern Earth Sciences. Industrial Hygienist/Technician, Materials Testing Analyst PLM/PCM Microscopy, Mobile, AL, 1988 - 1990
- BCM Engineers, Inc. Environmental Specialist, Industrial Hygienist, Laboratory Supervisor, Mobile, AL, 1986 –1988
CITIZENSHIP: United States of America
MILITARY SERVICE: U.S. Navy (Honorable Discharge).
Father was career military (US Navy, Commander, Ret.)
PRIMARY SOURCE OF INFLUENCE (PSI): the Deep South and Maryland, USA.